“We’re all just walking each other home”.
– Author unknown
Are you feeling overwhelmed by stress and daily life challenges? Have you had an unexpected crisis? Are you struggling or feeling stuck in your relationships? Let’s talk. I’m here to help!
As a therapist, I strive to work collaboratively, and to listen with empathy, compassion and non-judgment so that individuals, couples, and families feel comforted, supported and understood. Our work together often involves helping you, the client, become more aware of unhelpful patterns, and develop skills to better manage stress, solve problems, communicate positively, resolve conflicts, build trust and intimacy in your relationships, clarify life goals and values, and find hope.
I help people with a variety of issues including:
- Anxiety and social anxiety
- Stress management
- Grief and loss
- Life, school & career transitions
- Family conflict and estrangement
- Parenting and step-parenting; blended family challenges
- Marriage & pre-marriage counseling
- Abuse & domestic violence
My approach is collaborative and eclectic. I have been trained in a number of evidence-based models of therapy and I draw from those models to tailor our work toward your specific needs and goals. I offer counselling at my office near the Locke Street area and downtown Hamilton and I offer phone/online counselling. I am also happy to conduct sessions on-site, which may include your home, hospital or hospice on occasion if necessary to accommodate locations and schedules. Please know I may offer a small, sliding scale based on income where possible.
Conveniently located office:
287 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON (Near Locke and Queen Streets)
“No dress rehearsal. This is our life”.
– Tragically Hip
* Please note that if you are experiencing a life threatening emergency or acute emotional crisis, you should call 911, COAST (for kids), or go to your nearest emergency room.