“We all wish to belong. It is through those who care deeply about us that we find love and purpose in our lives. After all, we are all imperfect beings who need one another” — Haemin Sunim
“We’re all just walking each other home” – Author unknown
Are you feeling overwhelmed by stress and daily life challenges? Have you had an unexpected crisis? Are you struggling or feeling stuck in your relationships? Let’s talk. I’m here to help!
As a therapist, I strive to work collaboratively, and to listen with empathy, compassion and non-judgment so that individuals, couples, and families feel comforted, supported and understood. Our work together often involves helping you, the client, become more aware of unhelpful patterns, and develop skills to better manage stress, solve problems, communicate positively, resolve conflicts, build trust and intimacy in your relationships, clarify life goals and values, and find hope.
I help people with a variety of issues including:
- Anxiety, social anxiety and stress management
- Codependency and caretaking
- Family conflict and estrangement
- Narcissism and toxic parenting
- Parenting, co-parenting, and step-parenting; blended family challenges
- Marriage and pre-marriage counseling, divorce, decoupling, infidelity, non-monogamy
- Grief and loss
- Life, school & career transitions
- Past abuse & domestic violence
- Trauma and PTSD
- Teacher Training: with Emotionally Focused School Support or EFSS
- Caregiver support: I draw from the Emotionally Focused Family Therapy for Caregivers
My approach is collaborative and eclectic. I have been trained in a number of evidence-based models of therapy and I draw from those models to tailor our work toward your specific needs and goals. I offer counselling at my office near the Locke Street area and downtown Hamilton (not during COVID) and I offer phone/online counselling and walking-talking therapy. I am also happy to conduct sessions on-site, which may include your home, hospital or hospice on occasion if necessary to accommodate locations and schedules. Please know I may offer a small, sliding scale based on income where possible.
Please click here to email for an initial consultation. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also text or call 647-617-2235. Please note that the phone is the slowest way to reach me. Email is the fastest. Additional profile information on Psychology Today.
Conveniently located office:
287 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON (Near Locke and Queen Streets)
“No dress rehearsal. This is our life”.
– Tragically Hip
* Please note that if you are experiencing a life threatening emergency or acute emotional crisis, you should call 911, COAST (for kids), or go to your nearest emergency room.